My customers' needs are of the utmost importance. I am first and foremost committed to assisting the San Antonio, Texas birthing mother in having the type of birth she envisions, and I am blessed when given the opportunity to earn her trust and provide her the best service possible.
Provide individual childbirth preparation to clients
Include 2 prenatal visits
Provide continuous birth support and Doula care
- Make suggestions for pain management techniques
- Work to maintain calm atmosphere during birthing time
- Provide assistance with or references for breastfeeding before and after birth
- Include one postpartum visit
- Provide references upon request
- Have a backup Doula in case of emergency
I am a Member of:
- Doulas of North America (DONA) International
- (Certified Birth Doula(DONA))
- American Pregnancy Association
- LaLeche League
- Childbirth & Postpartum Professionals Assoc (CAPPA)
- Hypnobabies - (Certified Hypno-Doula)
- Operation Special Delivery
- Viva Doulas of San Antonio
I have completed:
- The DONA certified Birth Doula training requirements
(Am a DONA Certified Birth Doula - to verify my status:
- The CAPPA certified Labor Doula training requirements
- A Hypnobabies Doula Certification Course - to verify my status, go to http://www.hypnobabies.com.
- LaLeche League Classes
- The Bradley Method Childbirth Classes
- DONA approved TENS training
- Your Birth Experience (YBE) Educator Course
- Have Birthed 4 children, in 4 different countries with no pain medication; I had 3 medical doctors and 1 midwife, the first was a pitocin induction at 42 weeks.
I am a United States Air Force retiree, received my Bachelor's
degree from Wayland Baptist University, am a mother of four and grandmother of 18.
I have been supporting and assisting moms with the birthing process for 15 + years (before and after learning what a Doula is). I am a member of the San Antonio Birth Doulas, which is a non-profit organization providing birth support for teens and low-income women, during their pregnancy, birthing time and postpartum support.
- Natural Birth the Bradley Way by Susan McCutcheon
- Ina May's Guide to Child Birth by Ina Gaskin
- Womanly Art of Breast feeding by LaLeche League
- Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvy Karp
- Secrets of the Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg
- The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears
- Baby on the Way by Dr. Sears (for big brother or sister)
UPCOMING SAN ANTONIO BIRTH DOULA TRAINING:
Contact Suzanne De Leon @ 210-222-0988 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A woman can do nothing better than to eat and
drink and find satisfaction in her work. This too,
I see, is from the hand of God,
for without Him, who can eat or find enjoyment?